Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Derbyshire

19 December 2012

1858 – Burton Closes Hall, Bakewell, Derbyshire

Architect: T.D. Barry & E.W. Pugin “THE country mansion which we this week engrave has been erected near Bakewell, in Derbyshire. It is the country residence of William Allcurd, Esq. The mansion was...

09 March 2013

1861 – Breadsall Priory, Derbyshire

Architect: Robert Scrivener From The Building News: “THIS Priory, an illustration of which was given in our last, is mentioned in the reign of Edward the Confessor, and was granted by Edward IV....

09 March 2013

1869 – Chapel, Victoria St., Derby, Derbyshire

Architect: Hine & Evans From the Building News: “WE this week publish an engraving of the new chapel recently erected in Victoria-street, Derby, from the designs of Messrs. Hine and Evans, of Regent-street,...

03 October 2012

1878 – Derby School of Art, Derbyshire

Architect: Waller & Son The former Derby Central School of Art dating from late 1878 and was home for many years to an arthouse cinema. Quite a bizarre-looking building with toplit studio space...

25 May 2012

1879 – Derby Free Library & Museum, Derbyshire

Architect: R. Knill Freeman Derby Museum and Art Gallery was established in 1879, along with Derby Central Library, in a new building designed by Richard Knill Freeman and given to Derby by Michael...

05 January 2010

1883 – Matlock Bath Pavilion & Gardens, Derbyshire

Architect: J. Nutall The Matlock Bath pavilion was completed around 1884. Also known as the Palais Royal, it wasan ambitious structure with a 228ft frontage of mainly glass. For many years it had...

08 November 2010

1886- Holy Trinity Church, Edale, Derbyshire

Architect: William Dawes Interior view looking east published in The Architect, March 23th 1888. The Church of the Holy and Undivided Trinity was designed by architect William Dawes, built during 1885-6, and completed...

22 June 2009

1894 – Church of St. John The Evangelist, Ilkeston, Derbyshire

Architect: Percy H. Currey

15 July 2010

1896 – House at Buxton, Derbyshire

Architect: W.R. Bryden Front perspective view including plan as published in The Building News, March 27th 1896.

Pages:123Next »