Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Lincolnshire

10 May 2012

1879 – Pair of Villas, Stow Park Estate, Lincolnshire

Architect: A.O. Watkins & Sons “These villas, now nearly completed, occupy a fine site overlooking the Bristol Channel. The material for the walls and angle quoins is a hard, gritty, red stone, quarried...

07 July 2009

1881 – The Northamptonshire Banking Co., Stamford, Lincolnshire

Architect: W. Talbot Brown Designed for The Northamptonshire Banking Co., and published in The Building News, May 20th 1881. “These premises, facing the High-street, were completed at the end of last year. The...

02 October 2009

1884 – Church of St. Swithin, Lincoln, Lincolnshire

Architect: James Fowler View from the southwest as published in The Building News, December 5th 1884. From The Building News, 1868: “HE parish church of St. Swithin was at one time the largest...

07 July 2009

1884 – Liberal Club Premises, Great Grimsby, Lincolnshire

Architect: Charles Bell Perspective view including ground &1st floor plans published in The Building News, November 21st 1884.

05 May 2010

1886 – School of Science & Art, Lincoln

Architect: George Sedgar View of Principal Entrance. Published in The Building News, September 24th 1886. Now part of Lincoln College.

09 December 2009

1886 – St. Hugh’s Church & Presbytery, Lincoln

Architect: Albert Vicars In July 1875 Canon Croft, later MonsIgnor Provost, left a lovely Church and presbytery in Worksop and arrived in Lincoln. The church and presbytery was dilapidated and Canon Croft was...

20 October 2010

1888 – Wesleyan Church, Lincoln

Architect: Charles Bell Front Perspective published in The Architect, April 13th 1888.

07 July 2009

1891 – New Turkish & Hydropathic Baths, Grimsby, Lincolnshire

Architect: John J. Cresswell

02 February 2011

1903 – “Seacroft”, Golf Links Hotel, Skegness, Lincolnshire

Architect: Brewill & Bailly Published in The Building News, November 27th 1903