Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Northamptonshire

02 July 2012

1605 – Lyveden New Building, Northamptonshire

Architect: Robert Stickells Lyveden New Bield (sometimes called New Build) is an unfinished summer house, constructed for Sir Thomas Tresham. The exact date is unknown but can be estimated to circa 1604–05, the...

18 January 2011

1850 – Bank, Northampton

Architect: E.F. Law Published in The Builder, march 30, 1850.

09 March 2013

1864 – Northampton Guildhall, Northamptonshire

Architect: E.W. Godwin Built to the design of Edward William Godwin, begun when he was only 28, between 1861 and 1864. As well as housing Northampton Borough Council, it is also used for...

07 July 2009

1864 – St Thomas the Apostle Cathedral, Northampton

Architect: Edward Welby Pugin In 1840 Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin was commissioned to design a collegiate chapel of St Felix which was built in 1844. The number of worshippers soon outgrew the size...

07 July 2009

1873 – Wilton Lodge, Dining Room Chimney Piece, Northamptonshire

Architect: Fred Chancellor

22 October 2009

1875 – Club, Northampton, Northamptonshire

Architect: Samuel J. Newman From The Architect, September 25, 1875: The design we illustrate is one of two recently prepared by Mr Samuel J. Newman ARIBA of Northampton

03 June 2012

1875 – Holdenby House, Northamptonshire

Architect: Slater & Carpenter The original Holdenby Palace was completed in 1583 and was one of the largest houses in England, constructed around two courtyards. It was largely demolished in the late 17th...

07 July 2009

1877 – Church of St. Lawrence, Northampton

Architect: Burder & Baker

18 July 2009

1877 – Convent for the Sisters of Nazareth, Northampton

Architect: F.W. Tasker

Pages:1234Next »