Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of East Midlands

07 July 2009

1874 – Church of St. John Baptist, Spalding, Lincolnshire

Architect: R.J. Withers From The Building News, July 17 1874: “This church, with vicarage-house and schools, of which we give an exterior view, is being built, by Miss M. A. Johnson, of Spalding....

21 May 2013

1874 – Lodge, Hodsack Park, Nottinghamshire

Architect: S.J. Nicholl Published in The Building News, December 4 1874: “This lodge was designed for the late E. Chaloner, Esq., and as it was for a subordinate entrancc, was by his request...

30 March 2011

1874 – Parson’s House, Moorgreen, Nottingham

Architect: E.W. Godwin Published in The Building News, March 6 1874.

16 February 2011

1874 – Unitarian Church, Nottingham

Architect: Stuart Colman Front Perspective View & plan; Interior Perspective towards Altar; both published in The Building News, April 24th 1874. Some years ago it became a museum to commemorate Nottingham’s old lace...

22 October 2009

1875 – Club, Northampton, Northamptonshire

Architect: Samuel J. Newman From The Architect, September 25, 1875: The design we illustrate is one of two recently prepared by Mr Samuel J. Newman ARIBA of Northampton

03 June 2012

1875 – Holdenby House, Northamptonshire

Architect: Slater & Carpenter The original Holdenby Palace was completed in 1583 and was one of the largest houses in England, constructed around two courtyards. It was largely demolished in the late 17th...

07 July 2009

1875 – Proposed Restoration St. James’s Church, Grimsby, Lincolnshire

Architect: R.J. Withers In 1586, St. James’ became the parish church of Grimsby, after John Whitgift united the parishes of St. James’ and St. Mary’s, the parish church of the latter having been...

29 July 2009

1875 – St. Andrews Church, Lincoln, Lincolnshire

Architect: James Fowler Interior view Looking east, published in The Building News, December 24th 1875.

23 October 2009

1875 – Villas at Loughborough, Leicestershire

Architect: Alfred W.N. Burder From The Architect, November 13, 1875: These villas are in course of erection at Loughborough. The kitchen offices are in the basement, and consist of kitchen, scullery, coal-cellar, wine-cellar,...