Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of East Midlands

07 July 2009

1877 – New Hotel, Bridge Street, Northampton, Northamptonshire

Architect: Samuel J. Newman

24 July 2009

1877 – Proposed Mortuary Chapel, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire

Architect: Maurice B. Adams Elevations, sections & ground plans published in The Building News, August 3rd 1877.

03 October 2012

1878 – Derby School of Art, Derbyshire

Architect: Waller & Son The former Derby Central School of Art dating from late 1878 and was home for many years to an arthouse cinema. Quite a bizarre-looking building with toplit studio space...

29 June 2009

1878 – House at Leicester, Leicestershire

Architect: Tait & Langham

07 July 2009

1878 – New Schools, Hunter Hill Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire

Architect: Smith & Clarke Published in The Building News, November 15th 1878. “The Nottingham School Board lately invited designs in competition for four new Board Schools, and in that of one to be...

29 June 2009

1878 – Offices, Grey Friars, Leicester, Leicestershire

Architect: Isaac Barradale “The illustration is taken from the drawing in this year’s Royal Academy Exhibition. The front wall to ground-floor story is faced with Kitton stone, the upper stories are faced with...

07 July 2009

1878 – St. Michael’s Church, Northampton, Northamptonshire

Architect: Burder & Baker At least two different designs exist for this church from 1878, both from Alfred W. N. Burder & Arthur Baker. The main design illustrated here was published in The...

15 October 2009

1879 – “Dybdale”, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire

Architect: W. Talbot Brown Perspective including Ground & Chamber Plans as published in The Building News, May 23rd 1879. “This boase, now nearly completed, is built of red Berkshire bricks, with Staffordshire roofing...

29 December 2009

1879 – Denton Hall, Grantham, Lincolnshire

Architect: Arthur W. Blomfield The original Denton Manor was a stone mansion, but nearly all rebuilt in 1816-17. In 1842, The Welby family took over and between 1879 and 83 rebuilt the house...