Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of London

10 August 2009

1860 – Proposed Terrace in Harrow, London

Architect: Thomas Harris

16 July 2009

1860 – Schools of St. Mary-the-Less, Lambeth, London

Architect: John L. Pearson In 1860 The Prince of Wales laid the foundation stones of new premises in Millers Lane, built on the site of the Vauxhall Gardens as part of a redevelopment...

11 February 2011

1860 – St Dionis, Backchurch, London

Architect: George Edmund Street St Dionis Backchurch was a church dedicated to the patron saint of France in Langbourn Ward one of the 25 within the City of London, first mentioned in 1538...

16 July 2009

1860 – St Pauls Church, Haggerston, Hackney, London

Architect: Arthur W. Blomfield Saint Paul’s was consecrated in 1860. In 1971 the benefice and parish were united with St. Michael and All Angels, London Fields, Hackney which became the parish church of...

16 July 2009

1860 – St. Giles National Schools, Bloomsbury, London

Architect: Edward Middleton Barry Sited at the corner of Endell Street and Shaftesbury Avenue, the National Schools were built to cater for 1,500 children. The facilities included a soup kitchen, and an industrial...

11 December 2012

1860 – St. Thomas Church, Hemingford Rd., Islington, London

Architect: Arthur Billing Demolished 1947, presumedly as a result of war damage. According to The Building News, “The new church of St. Thomas, Hemmingford-terrace, Islington, has been completed, and was consecrated by the...

16 July 2009

1860 – The Arcades at The Horticultural Gardens, South Kensington, London

Architect: Sydney Smirke In 1861 the Royal Horticultural Society developed a new garden at South Kensington on land leased from the Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851. It was closed in 1882....

16 July 2009

1860 – The Cancer Hospital, Brompton, London

Architect: John Young & Son Founded as the Free Cancer Hospital in 1851 by Dr William Marsden at 1, Cannon Row, Westminster. Marsden, deeply affected by the death of his wife Elizabeth Ann...

16 July 2009

1860 – Warehouses in Aldermanbury, London

Architect: Edmund Woodthorpe “A noble example of warehouse architecture has been erected in Aldermanbury with a considerable degree of ornate splendour externally. It is Italian in style and its constructive arrangements are rxcellent....