Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Tyne and Wear

12 April 2010

1887 – The Wouldhave Memorial, South Shields, Northumberland

Architect: J.H. Morton The 18th-century boat-builder William Wouldhave is commemorated by the Wouldhave Memorial, at Pier Head, South Shields for his part in the invention of the self-righting lifeboat. Published in The Building...

10 November 2009

1880 – Bell Terrace Schools, Newcastle Upon Tyne

Architect: Oliver & Leeson “This group of schools was one of the first erected by the board. It is carried out entirely in stone, with Ashlar dressings and slated roofs. Accommodation is pro-v-ided...

31 August 2009

1880 – Schools at Byker, Newcastle upon Tyne

Architect: Austin & Johnson Published in The Building News, June 11th 1880.

31 August 2009

1880 – St. Matthew’s Church, Newcastle upon Tyne

Architect: Austin, Johnson & Hicks “This church, as will be seen from the plan, has been designed for a very peculiar and restricted site, which is surrounded by buildings on every side except...

13 August 2009

1908 – Business Premises, The Side, Newcastle upon Tyne

Architect: W.H. Knowles

02 August 2009

1872 – National Provincial Bank of England, Newcastle upon Tyne

Architect: John Gibson

07 July 2009

1906 – Villa, Grainger Park Road, Newcastle upon Tyne

Architect: Karl B. Spurgin

07 July 2009

1906 – St. Monica’s Mission Hall & School, Wingrove Road, Newcastle upon Tyne

Architect: Karl B. Spurgin

07 July 2009

1906 – Lambtons Bank, Forest Hall, Newcastle upon Tyne

Architect: White & Stephenson