Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Cheshire

05 September 2012

1866 – Grosvenor Hotel, Chester, Cheshire

Architect: T.M. Penson Designed and built between 1863 and 1866 by the Chester architect Thomas Mainwaring Penson – it his last major work. It was completed after his death by his son’s firm...

11 August 2012

1875 – Cottage & Stables, Eccleston, Cheshire

Architect: John Douglas Two buildings for The Duke of Westminster at Eccleston – a cottage, and a carriage house with stables. The village is situated on the estate of the Duke of Westminster...

23 April 2012

1869 – New Wesleyan Chapel, Alsager, Cheshire

Architect: George B. Ford Now known as Wesley Place Methodist Church. Published in The Building News, April 8th 1870. “THIS chapel (with which it will be seen a school is combined) occupies a...

15 March 2012

1886 – Cottages, Pulford Drive, Eaton, Cheshire

Architect: Douglas & Fordham Illustration published in The Building News, December 31st 1886.

15 March 2012

1861 – New Barracks, Chester, Cheshire

Architect: T.M. Penson Published in The Building News, April 12 1861. A barracks for the Cheshire Militia built in the early 1860s on the west side of Castle Esplanade on the site of...

15 February 2012

1893 – High Peak House, Kenyon, Cheshire

Architect: Bradshaw & Gass Published in The Building News, October 20th 1893.

11 February 2012

1898 – Clerks Houses, Port Sunlight, Cheshire

Architect: William Owen “One of the most complete settlements erected in modem times is the village at Port Sunlight, where the proprietors, Messrs. Lever Bros., have built some three hundred and twenty-eight houses...

23 January 2012

1893 – Cottages at Thornton Hough, Cheshire

Architect: Grayson & Ould Designed for W.H. Lever esq., with perspective view & plans published in The Building News on July 28th 1893.

14 February 2011

1873 – Proposed New Buildings, Kings School, Chester, Cheshire

Architect: Arthur W. Blomfield View of proposed new buildings published in The Architect, June 28th 1873.