Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Lancashire

14 April 2012

1879 – Chapel for The Catholic Cemetery, Clitheroe, Lancashire

Architect: S.J. Nicholl Perspective & interior Views including plan published in The Building News, July 11th 1879.

29 June 2009

1879 – House & Stables, Didsbury, Lancashire

Architect: George F. Roper Perspective view published in The Building News, June 20th 1879.

29 June 2009

1879 – Over Darwen Town Hall, Lancashire

Architect: Charles Bell The selected design including ground & 1st floor plans as published in The Building News, October 24th 1879. At a meeting of the Local Board on 3rd June 1878 a...

15 January 2014

1879 – Selected design for Public Market, Over Darwen, Lancashire

Architect: Charles Bell As part of a civic plan to develop the town, a competition was held to design a new town hall and market. It was later decided to defer the building...

13 July 2009

1879 – South Branch, Liverpool Savings Bank, Lancashire

Architect: G.E. Grayson Sadly no longer in use as a bank branch, semi-derelict.

13 October 2009

1879 – Southport Glaciarium & Ice Manufacturing Co., Lancashire

Architect: Bell & Roper One of the earliest artificial skating rinks in the world was constructed at Southport. The foundation stone was laid by Lord Clarence Paget on April 5th, 1877, it cost...

12 October 2009

1879 – Unbuilt Design for St. Luke’s Church, Southport, Lancashire

Architect: Burder & Baker Interior and exterior views including ground plans published in The Building News, July 18th 1879. “Tms design was submitted by Messrs. Burder and Baker, in an open competition, and...

13 July 2009

1880 – Chorlton Union Schools & Homes, Lancashire

Architect: Mangnall & Littlewood Birds Eye Perspective View including plan & Vignette of Interior Dining Room as published in The Building News January 23rd 1880.

19 July 2012

1880 – Church of St. Matthew’s, Burnley, Lancashire

Architect: William Waddington The original building was designed by William Waddington, who was a local Victorian architect, responsible for many of the buildings in Burnley town centre. St Matthew’s contained some notable stained...