Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Lancashire

29 June 2009

1881 – Chadwick Museum, Bolton le Moors, Lancashire

Architect: R. Knill Freeman “This museum is the gift of the late Dr. Chadwick, and was erected for the Corporation from the design of Mr. E. Knill Freeman, Bolton, selected in open competition....

29 June 2009

1881 – Infirmary, Bolton le Moors, Lancashire

Architect: R. Knill Freeman “The new infirmary at Bolton, which we illustrate, was commenced in the spring of 1879, and, in all probability, the building will be ready for occupation by autumn next....

24 August 2009

1881 – Liverpool School of Art, Lancashire

Architect: C.O. Ellison Second Premiated Design, perspective view including ground & 1st floor plans, published in The Building News, March 11th 1881. “The selected design in this competition was published in the Building...

23 February 2010

1881 – Liverpool School of Art, Lancashire

Architect: Thomas Cook First premiated design in architectural competition. “We illustrate this week the first premiated design, by Mr. T. Cook, architect, 12, St. George’s-crescent, Liverpool. The areas of the various rooms were...

29 June 2009

1881 – Proposed Free Library & Museum, Oldham, Lancashire

Architect: Thomas Mitchell “In this competition the Corporation have selected the design marked ” F.S.A.,” submitted by Mr. Thomas Mitchell, F.R.I.B.A , of Oldham and Manchester, for the first premium, £100, and the...

19 October 2009

1881 – St. Andrew’s Church, Longton, Lancashire

Architect: J.E.K. Cutts Largely constructed as designed with the exception of the spire – the tower being capped at the height of the church walls. “This church, designed by Mr. J. Edward K...

01 September 2009

1881 – The Exchange Station, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: Thomas Mitchell Third Premiated Design for The Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway Company. The directors of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway selected the following designs – 1st, £750, Mr. John West, 4, South-parade,...

13 July 2009

1882 – Savings Bank, Scotland Road, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: G.E. Grayson

06 March 2012

1882 – St. Lukes Art Workshops, Myrtle St., Liverpool

Architect: Henry Sumners Perspective view including ground plan as published in The Building News, June 23rd 1882. Designed by Henry Summers, this building became the studio and offices of Norbury, Upton & Paterson,...