Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Lancashire

24 June 2010

1861 – St. Alban’s Church, Rochdale, Lancashire

Architect: Joseph Clarke “The church of which a view of the interior appears in our present number, was erected two or three years ago; but through the liberality of Mr. Jonathan Nield, of...

11 March 2013

1861 – St. Luke’s Church, Heywood, Lancashire

Architect: Henry Sumners Published in The Building News, May 10, 1861: “The old chapel, after repeated additions, being galleried all round, became at last too small for the wants of the inhabitants, and...

25 June 2010

1862 – Congregational Chapel, Lytham, Lancashire

Architect: W. F. Poulton “This building was completed in 1862. It is constructed of Longridge stone coarse with rough face. All the dressings are also of Longridge stone, worked fair. The tower and...

16 October 2009

1862 – Manchester and Salford Bank, Lancashire

From The Building News, September 19, 1862: The engraving on the opposite side represents the Manchester and Salford Bank which is just being erected. Tho frontage in Mosley Street, as seen in the...

16 October 2009

1862 – Mission Church, Westleigh Mill, Lancashire

Architect: Hayley & Son From The Building News, April 4, 1862: This church, just erected under the auspices of the Vicar of Leigh, near Bolton-le-Moors, Lancashire, is intended to be used as a...

16 October 2009

1862 – Royal Insurance Company, King Street, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: Alfred Waterhouse From The Building News, August 8, 1862: This building, which has been erected by the Royal Insurance Company, for the accommodation of their rapidly increasing business in Manchester, was described...

08 November 2012

1864 – Assize Courts, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: Alfred Waterhouse Designed by Alfred Waterhouse in the neo-Gothic style, construction began in 1859 and was completed in 1864. This was Waterhouse’s first major commission, won by open competition, and the nearby...

04 September 2011

1866 – Estate Workshops at Redvales, Lancashire

Architect: James Green The Earl of Derby’s Estate Workshops, at Redvales, near Bury, Lancashire.

15 February 2013

1867 – Designs for proposed buildings in Sefton Park, Liverpool

Architect: André & Hornblower Sefton Park is a 235 acre, Grade II* historic park in the Sefton Park district of Liverpool. In 1867 the local council purchased the land from the Earl of...