Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Lancashire

29 June 2009

1906 – Preston School for Girls, Lancashire

Architect: J.H. France

29 June 2009

1906 – Secondary School, Preston, Lancashire

Architect: Woodfall & Eccles Perspective view published in The Building News, December 7th 1906.

29 June 2009

1906 – Teachers Centre, Hilden Street, Bolton, Lancashire

Architect: Bradshaw & Gass

29 June 2009

1906 – The Kings Hall, Bolton, Lancashire

Architect: Bradshaw & Gass

13 July 2009

1906 – The New Cotton Exchange, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: Matear & Simon Built in 1905–06 to replace the former cotton exchange in Exchange Flags, to a design by Matear and Simon. Its façade was in Neoclassical style, with Baroque towers. Its...

05 February 2011

1906 – Tower Buildings, Liverpool

Architect: Walter Aubrey Thomas The present structure is one of the earliest steel-framed buildings in England, and details of its architecture reflect the earlier fortified building on the site. It is clad in...

29 June 2009

1906 – Wesleyan Church, The Haugh, Bolton, Lancashire

Architect: Bradshaw & Gass Perspective view including ground floor plan published in The Building News, February 2nd 1906.

29 June 2009

1906 – Withington Cemetery Chapel, Lancashire

Architect: E. Woodhouse Second place design in competition – also won by Woodhouse with a different design.

10 June 2009

1907 – Port of Liverpool Building

Architects: Hobbs & Thornely / Briggs & Wolstenholme On the exterior of this imposing Portland Stone building is a large drum and dome. Inside an octagonal hall rises to the dome, with galleries...