Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Lancashire

15 March 2010

1867 – Offices & Shops, Lord St., Liverpool

Architect: H.H. Vale Published in The Building News, September 27 1867.

25 March 2013

1868 – Church of St Thomas of Canterbury and the English Martyrs, Preston, Lancashire

Architect: Edward Welby Pugin On 26 May 1866, Bishop Goss laid the foundation stone for the church. Designed by Edward Welby Pugin, the eldest son of Augustus Pugin. The church was initially meant...

12 February 2013

1868 – Warehousemen and Clerks’ Orphan Schools, Manchester

Architect: Ernest Bates Formed as The Manchester Warehousemen and Clerks’ Orphan Schools in 1855, moved to this site in 1869, and now known as Cheadle Hulme School. From The Building News: “ONE of...

09 March 2010

1869 – New Municipal Offices, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: Edward Robert Robson From The Architect and Contract Reporter, May 29 1869: The Municipal Government of Liverpool has arrived at its present condition, power, and comprehensiveness, by slow degrees and through the...

27 July 2010

1870 – Cottage Hospital, Lytham, Lancashire

Architect: Henry Littler Front Elevation & Plan with key published in The Building News, October 21st 1870. “THE hospital, an illustration of which we give, is being built by Colonel Clifton, the lord...

11 August 2010

1870 – Free Library, Salford, Lancashire

Architect: Royle & Bennett Front elevation, longitudinal & transverse section including plan as published in The Building News, December 16th 1870. “ON Monday evening last this building (of which we give an illustration)...

14 October 2009

1870 – Manchester Reform Club, Lancashire

Architect: Salomons & Jones From The Builder: “We give a view of the Club building now in course of erection in Manchester. The basement is to be let as stores, the ground floor...

04 September 2012

1870 – Market Hall, Burnley, Lancashire

Architect: James Green Constructed but without the planned tower. Contained 32 shops and 132 linear yards of stalls. The market area was covered by a three span wrought iron and glass roof. Demolished...

20 July 2010

1870 – Proposed Infirmary, Wigan, Lancashire

Architect: Thomas Worthington Image published in The Building News, March 4th 1870. “WE this week publish a plan and view of a design by Mr. Thomas Worthington, of Manchester, for the new infirmary...