Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Lancashire

18 February 2011

1873 – Bolton Town Hall, Lancashire

Architects: Hill & Woodhouse A Grade II* listed Town Hall designed by William Hill and George Woodhouse and opened in June 1873 by Albert Edward, Prince of Wales. In the 1930s, the building...

13 July 2009

1873 – Church of St. Anne, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: Edward Robert Robson From The Building News, December 26 1873: “The church of S. Anne at Liverpool, which we give among our illustrations, replaces a very inferior building of late Georgian type,...

13 July 2009

1873 – Design For Conservative Club, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: T.E. Collcutt Competition entry for new Conservative Club in Manchester, published in The Building News, November 7 1873.

29 June 2009

1873 – Free Library & Museum, Blackburn, Lancashire

Architect: Woodzell & Collcutt Selected design after an architectural competition. Published in The Building News, January 3rd 1873.

13 July 2009

1873 – Queens Road Schools, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: T. Cooke & J.E. Reeve From The Building News, November 14 1873: “We give this week illustrations of these schools, which are in course of erection from the designs of Messrs. Cook...

23 April 2013

1873 – Rectory, Wigan, Lancashire

Architect: George Edmund Street Published in The Building News, October 3 1873: “Our illustration of the new Rectory House, Wigan, is a facsimile of Mr. Street’s drawing of the building in the Royal...

01 February 2010

1873 – Wholesale & Fish Markets, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: Speakman, Son and Hickson / Mangnall & Littlewood Manchester Corporation decided in the early 1870s to replace the city’s main fish market in Strangeways with a new one located near Shudehill, close...

14 May 2013

1874 – Offices for Lancaster Gas Company, Lancashire

Architect: Roland Charnley Published in The Building News, November 27 1874: “Which are now about completed, stand on a plot of ground adjoining the Town-hall, and facing towards the market-place. On the ground-...

13 July 2009

1874 – Owens College, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: Alfred Waterhouse John Owens, a Manchester textile merchant, bequeathed £96,942 in 1846 for the purpose of founding a college for the education of males on non-sectarian lines. Owens College was established and...