Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of North West England

17 February 2011

1858 – St. Francis Xavier Church, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: S.J. Nicholl Design for Altar & Reredos published in The Building News, January 1st. 1858.

11 March 2013

1861 – Marine Residences at Waterloo, Liverpool

Architect: Henry Sumners From The Building News, May 31 1861: “These newly erected residences are situate upon the shore at the above fashionable watering place, and are in the Gothic style of architecture....

15 March 2012

1861 – New Barracks, Chester, Cheshire

Architect: T.M. Penson Published in The Building News, April 12 1861. A barracks for the Cheshire Militia built in the early 1860s on the west side of Castle Esplanade on the site of...

24 June 2010

1861 – St. Alban’s Church, Rochdale, Lancashire

Architect: Joseph Clarke “The church of which a view of the interior appears in our present number, was erected two or three years ago; but through the liberality of Mr. Jonathan Nield, of...

11 March 2013

1861 – St. Luke’s Church, Heywood, Lancashire

Architect: Henry Sumners Published in The Building News, May 10, 1861: “The old chapel, after repeated additions, being galleried all round, became at last too small for the wants of the inhabitants, and...

11 March 2013

1862 – Church of St. Paul, Hooton, Cheshire

Architect: James K. Colling The church was built between 1858 and 1862 to a design by James K. Colling for the Liverpool banker R.C. Naylor at a cost of £5,000 (£350,000 as of...

25 June 2010

1862 – Congregational Chapel, Lytham, Lancashire

Architect: W. F. Poulton “This building was completed in 1862. It is constructed of Longridge stone coarse with rough face. All the dressings are also of Longridge stone, worked fair. The tower and...

16 October 2009

1862 – Manchester and Salford Bank, Lancashire

From The Building News, September 19, 1862: The engraving on the opposite side represents the Manchester and Salford Bank which is just being erected. Tho frontage in Mosley Street, as seen in the...

16 October 2009

1862 – Mission Church, Westleigh Mill, Lancashire

Architect: Hayley & Son From The Building News, April 4, 1862: This church, just erected under the auspices of the Vicar of Leigh, near Bolton-le-Moors, Lancashire, is intended to be used as a...