Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Kent

13 May 2010

1590s – Eastgate House, Rochester, Kent

Grade I Listed, Elizabethan townhouse was built in the late 1590s for Sir Peter Buck, who was Clerk of the Cheque at Chatham’s Royal Dockyard and Mayor of Medway. “The old half-timbered house...

24 September 2009

1850 – The Grange, Ramsgate, Kent

Architect: Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin It was at The Grange that Pugin produced much of his finest work, sitting in his library high on the chalk cliffs overlooking the Goodwin Sands and working...

11 August 2012

1860 – Cemetary Chapel, Ashford, Kent

Architect: C.H. Edwards Published in The Building News, June 29 1860.

24 June 2010

1863 – Dunsdale, Westerham, Kent

Architect: Prof. Kerr “Dunsdale is the residence of Mr. Joseph Kitchin, and is situate close to the village of Westerham, in Kent. The house occupies a picturesque eminence, surrounded by pleasure grounds of...

25 June 2010

1864 – Clarence Hotel, Dover, Kent

Building commenced in 1864 at a cost of £750,000. It was renamed the “Imperial Hotel” in 1867 when the lease changed hands. It reached five storeys high and boasted 240 rooms. Never a...

24 January 2013

1868 – House at Sevenoaks, Kent

Architect: John Johnson From The Building News: “THIS house, of which we give perspective and plans, has been erected, under the superintendence of Mr. John Johnson, architect, Moor- gate-street, City, by Mr. D....

10 March 2010

1869 – St. Mary’s Church, Stroud, Kent

Architect: Arthur W. Blomfield From The Architect and Contract Reporter, November 27 1869: The church, dedicated in honour of the Blessed Virgin, is built and partially endowed at the sole expense of Mrs....

24 February 2013

1871 – Competition Design, Rochester Castle Recreation Grounds, Kent

Architect: Baker & Lee Competition entry by Arthur Baker & William Lee, published in The Building News, May 12th 1871.

21 July 2010

1871 – Christ Church, Bexleyheath, Kent

Architect: William Knight Published in The Building News, June 10th 1870. Largely completed as designed except for the tower and spire. When it was decided that the parish needed a new church to...

Pages:1234567...19Next »