Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Oxfordshire

02 October 2009

1881 – St. Edward’s School, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Architect: William Wilkinson St Edwards School was founded in 1863 at New Inn Hall Street in central Oxford by the Revd Thomas Chamberlain, Senior Student (Fellow) of Christ Church Oxford and Vicar of...

18 January 2012

1881 – The Grange, Little Tew, Oxfordshire

Architect: George Edmund Street / Edward G. Bruton “This building was originally a vicarage house designed by Mr. G.E. Street, R.A., and subsequently enlarged by the late Mr. C. Buckeridge. It has since...

08 July 2009

1882 – New Examination Schools, Oxford

Architect: T.G. Jackson The Examination Schools were designed by Thomas Graham Jackson, Oxford’s most famous 19th century architect, in 1876 and their construction was completed in 1882. Sir Thomas Newenham Deane actually won...

08 July 2009

1884 – Oxford Military College, Cowley, Oxfordshire

Architect: T.G. Jackson

08 July 2009

1885 – New Quadrangle, Trinity College, Oxford

Architect: T.G. Jackson

25 July 2012

1886 – Additions to the Rector’s Lodgings, Lincoln College, Oxford

Architect: Harry W. Moore Additions to the Rector’s Lodgings published in The Building News, October 8th 1886.

21 December 2009

1886 – New Buildings, High Street, Oxford

Architect: T.G. Jackson

03 September 2010

1886 – Nun’s Acre, Goring on Thames, Oxfordshire

Architect: Percy G. Stone Perspective view plan & Detail of stained glass “Monkeys” published in The Building News, July 23rd 1886. The monkeys are: “A Scientific Professor – Professional Monkey”; “The City Gentleman...

21 December 2009

1886 – Oriel College Chapel, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Architect: T.G. Jackson Sketch showing proposed extension of choir & new organ, which was published in The Building News, April 11th 1884.