Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Oxfordshire

08 July 2009

1898 – The Old White House, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Architect: H.T. Hare “This building was erected to take the place of an interesting old house, which still remains in the Tear. The materials used are rubble stone walling, with Doulting stone dressings...

23 April 2014

1899 – Jubilee Fountain, Charlbury, Oxfordshire

Architect: A.R. Gough This grand fountain celebrates Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee in 1897 and the provision of the town water supply in the previous year. “This fountain has been erected principally as a...

01 April 2014

1899 – New Buildings, New College, Oxford

Architect: Basil Champneys In the late 19th century New College, which was founded in 1379, began freely admitting undergraduates. The New Buildings by Basil Champneys along Holywell were built between 1873-96 to house...

13 July 2010

1902 – House at Oxford

Architect: H.T. Hare Perspective view including ground plan published in The Building News, May 2nd 1902.

08 July 2009

1903 – ‘Parkwood’, Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire

Architect: William Flockhart Published in The Building News, July 24th 1903.

08 July 2009

1903 – Additions to Shipton Court, Oxfordshire

Architect: Perkins & Bulmer

04 January 2011

1904 – New Tower, Church of St. John, Cowley, Oxford

Architect: George Bodley Design for new tower published in The Building News, May 6th 1904.

08 July 2009

1908 – Howe Combe, Watlington, Oxfordshire

Architect: T. Frank Green

08 July 2009

1908 – The “Hare & Hounds” Inn, Sonning Common, Oxfordshire

Architect: W.C.A. Hambling Designed for for Messrs. Breakspear & Sons. Published in The Building News, October 23rd 1908. “This house is being erected upon a prominent site. The existing license is to be...