Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of South West England

26 May 2014

1898 – Design for Town Hall, Taunton, Somerset

Architect: R. Knill Freeman “This design was recently submitted, by Mr. R. Knill Freeman, architect, Bolton, in a limited competition for this work, and the proposed arrangements of the several departments, as required...

05 May 2014

1899 – Schools, Ashley Down, Bristol Gloucestershire

Architect: Paul & James “These schools have been lately erected at Ashley Down, Bristol, for the Bristol School Board. The materials of which the buildings are composed are local bricks with Bath atone...

05 May 2014

1899 – Chapel & School, Moorfields, Somerset

Architect: Silcock & Reay “The chapel and school building shown is about to be erected on the Moorfields Estate, Bath. The scheme consists of a chapel, accommodating 360, together with minister’s and deacons’...

05 May 2014

1899 – The General Draper, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: Paul & James On the corner with Hinton Lane the General Draper was rebuilt in the 1890’s and removed for road widening in 1964, Designed by S. Paul & James who designed...

05 May 2014

1899 – The Jolly Sailor, Hanham, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: Paul & James Still a public house, today but run by Wetherspoon. “This house has recently been erected at Hanham, near Bristol, for the Bristol Brewery, Georges and Co., Ltd. The materials...

01 May 2014

1898 – Board Schools, Yeovil, Somerset

Architect: J. Nicholson Johnston “These schools, which cost 1,390, arc built of brick with Hum stone dressings, and have accommodation for 600 scholars — 200 infants and 400 mixed. They are planned on...

10 April 2014

1899 – Library & Central Technical Schools, Truro, Cornwall

Architect: Silvanus Trevail The funding of Passmore Edwards led to the construction of firstly the Library, in 1896 and then the adjacent schools in 1899. Buildings funded by Edwards regularly got illustrated in...

29 March 2014

1869 – Granary, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: Ponton & Gough The Granary was built in 1869 for Wait, James and Co. As large amounts of grain were spread out to dry in this building, so it had to be...

29 March 2014

1899 – Public Library & Technical Schools, Gloucester, Gloucestershire

Architect: Waller & Son Still in use today as a public library, the main Gloucester Library in Brunswick Road was constructed at the end of the 19th century as a memorial to Queen...

Pages:1234567...25Next »