Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of South West England

22 June 2009

1879 – St Peters Church, Bournemouth, Dorset

Architect: George Edmund Street Perspective view published in The Building News, June 27th 1879.

03 January 2011

1879 – St. Mary’s Church, Truro, Devon

Architect: J.P. St. Aubyn Perspective view, plans & details showing new church to the west published in The Building News, February 7th 1879.

23 September 2009

1879 – University College, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: Coleman & Willcox Design Submitted by Stuart Coleman & William J. Willcox, and published in The Building News, May 23rd 1879. “The two-story building consists of a broad central corridor, with the...

27 September 2009

1880 – Boys High School, Plymouth, Devon

Architect: Paull & Bonella “Ix the laying out of a scheme for the accommodation of the Plymouth High School for Boys, the governors determined to make provision for future as well as present...

23 September 2009

1880 – Cemetery Chapel, Tavistock, Devon

Architect: Henry Clutton The ‘New’ cemetery was given to the people of Tavistock by the 9th Duke of Bedford, and was opened in 1882. It is situated on the outskirts of this ancient...

20 September 2009

1880 – Church at Salcombe, Devon

Architect: John D. Sedding Birds eye perspective view & ground plan published in The Building News, July 23rd 1880. “The nave of Salcombe Church, Devon, was built thirty years since. It is now...

01 September 2009

1880 – Church of St. Peter, Plymouth, Devon

Architect: George Fellowes Prynne The Sanctuary was erected to the designs of George Edmund Street. “The building that has been known by this name for some 40 years was originally built for Rev....

03 January 2014

1880 – House, Branksome Park, Bournemouth, Devon

Architect: J. Nixon Horsfield “This house stands on an eminence overlooking the sea, and occupies some .5 acres of land covered with pines and Scotch firs. The exterior is executed in yellow stocks...

17 March 2011

1880 – St. James Church, Kingstone, Dorset

Architect: George Edmund Street Started in 1874, completed in 1880, by the third Earl of Eldon, the architect was George Edmund Street (1824–1881). It is a cruciform building, with an apse, central tower...