Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of South West England

01 May 2013

1873 – Highlands or Beaudesert Park School, Gloucestershire

Architect: Ewan Christian Constructed between 1871-73 for Caroline Frith, the widow of a wealthy London banker. An early example of the influence of Richard Norman Shaw’s work on an older architect, although Christian...

22 June 2009

1873 – Lodges, Rousdon, Devon

Architect: George & Vaughan

24 June 2009

1873 – Savernake Cottage Hospital, Marlborough, Wiltshire

Architect: George Gilbert Scott

25 June 2009

1873 – Shepton Beauchamp Parsonage, Somerset

Architect: Richard W. Drew Perspective View including ground plan with references published in The Building News, October 16th 1874. The Old Rectory and Beauchamp Manor, now divided into two dwellings. 1873 by R.W....

22 June 2009

1873 – St. Clement’s Church, Boscombe, Bournemouth, Dorset

Architect: John D. Sedding Original illustration of John Dando Sedding’s intentions for St. Clements. The main body of the church, was built to his design between 1871 and 1873. However, after Seddings death,...

01 September 2009

1873 – St.Gregory’s Church & Monastery, Downside, Somerset

Architect: Dunn & Hansom Perspective View published in The Building News, May 30th 1873. The building was begun in the 19th century, and ended with completion of the nave after World War I....

22 June 2009

1873 – The Digby Mortuary Chapel, Sherbourne, Dorset

Architect: Slater & Carpenter Published in The Building News 1872. Architectural partnership formed between William Slater & Richard Herbert Carpenter in 1863 and continuing until Slater’s death in 1872. “…the West Door of...

06 March 2011

1874 – Interior of Church Now Being built Nr. Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: Ponton & Gough Interior of Church Now Being built Nr. Bristol, published in The Building News, July 25th 1874

26 May 2011

1874 – King’s College, Taunton, Somerset

Architect: Giles & Gane Previously called Taunton College School when it was moved from its site in Corporation Street to South Road in 1869. In 1879 educational pioneer, Canon Nathaniel Woodard, bought the...