Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of South West England

16 June 2009

1878 – Proposed Cathedral at Truro, Cornwall

Architect: J.M. Brydon The see of Truro was established in 1876 and the first Bishop consecrated in 1877: this was the first cathedral to be built on a new site in England since...

16 June 2009

1878 – Proposed Cathedral at Truro, Cornwall

Architect: J.P. St. Aubyn The see of Truro was established in 1876 and the first Bishop consecrated in 1877: this was the first cathedral to be built on a new site in England...

26 January 2010

1878 – Proposed Cathedral at Truro, Cornwall

Architect: R.P. Pullan Construction began in 1880 to a design by the architect John Loughborough Pearson, after an architectural competition. Published in The Building News, March 26th 1880.

02 July 2012

1878 – Restoration of Church of St.Mary, North Petherton, Somerset

Architect: W. Scott Champion A 15th century Church, located in the centre of the village, with a 109 foot three stage tower.The tower dates from the 1540’s and is one of the finest...

16 April 2012

1878 – The David Thomas Memorial Church & Schools, Bristol

Architect: Stuart Colman The David Thomas Memorial church was erected 1879-81 but demolished in 1987 destroying most of a Gothic fantasy by Stuart Coleman. The building still retains a thin octagonal spire and...

01 November 2009

1879 – Church of Our Lady, Torquay, Devon

Architect: Joseph Hansom & Son

25 June 2009

1879 – Claverton, Stoke Bishop, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: W. Wood Bethell Perspective View & Ground Plan published in The Building News, January 24th 1879. “This is a residence recently erected at Stoke Bishop, near Bristol. The accompanying drawing indicates the...

24 June 2009

1879 – New House of Charity, St.Raphaels, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: E.H. Edwards Published in The Building News, January 10 1879.

24 June 2009

1879 – Public Fountain, Chippenham, Wiltshire

Architect: W. Galsworthy Davie Illustration showing plans, sections & details and published in The Building News, January 10th 1879. “Th« design which we illustrate is by Mr. W. Galsworthy Davie, architect, and was...