Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Somerset

01 September 2009

1873 – St.Gregory’s Church & Monastery, Downside, Somerset

Architect: Dunn & Hansom Perspective View published in The Building News, May 30th 1873. The building was begun in the 19th century, and ended with completion of the nave after World War I....

26 May 2011

1874 – King’s College, Taunton, Somerset

Architect: Giles & Gane Previously called Taunton College School when it was moved from its site in Corporation Street to South Road in 1869. In 1879 educational pioneer, Canon Nathaniel Woodard, bought the...

25 June 2009

1875 – Designs for Additions & Restorations, Halsway, Somerset

Architect: John D. Sedding Perspective view including plan as published in The Building News, December 10th 1878.

22 October 2009

1875 – Langport and Huist Schools, Somerset

Architect: T. Shelmerdine From The Architect, October 23, 1875: This design was sent in answer to an advertisement for schools mid teachers’ residence, to accommodate 300 children. Thirty sets of plans were sent...

02 July 2012

1878 – Restoration of Church of St.Mary, North Petherton, Somerset

Architect: W. Scott Champion A 15th century Church, located in the centre of the village, with a 109 foot three stage tower.The tower dates from the 1540′s and is one of the finest...

02 July 2011

1881 – Proposed New Aisle, Chard Church, Somerset

Proposal published in The Building News, July 22nd 1881. Never completed. “The accompanying illustration represents a new south aisle to be shortly erected. In making the required addition, the architect has been, guided...

13 July 2010

1881 – St. Mary’s Church & Schools, Bath, Somerset

Architect: Dunn & Hansom Perspective View including Plan The Building News, February 28th 1879. Never completed as designed. Inspired by the decorated English style of the 14th century, the church was designed by...

14 August 2012

1884 – ‘Blair Mount’, Minehead, Somerset

Architect: W.F. Unsworth Perspective view & plans published in The Building News, November 21st 1884.

09 October 2009

1884 – Knowle, Dunster, Somerset

Architect: John D. Sedding