Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Wiltshire

07 March 2011

1361 – All Saints’ Church, Edington, Wiltshire

The Priory Church of Saint Mary, Saint Katharine and All Saints built in the Decorated style and consecrated in 1361. The parish was part of the hundred of Whorwellsdown, and is believed to...

17 March 2011

1650 – Longford House, Salisbury, Wiltshire

The inscription reads “the fore front of Longford House which is situate about two miles from the city of New Sarum in the County of Wilts. Repaired and beautified by Henry Hare, Baron...

20 October 2010

1665 – Wooley Grange, Bradford-on-avon, Wiltshire

Perspective View including ground plan published in The Building News, April 13th 1888. Drawn by S.J. Loxton. Now a hotel, Woolley Grange was a family home for almost 400 years before being converted...

24 June 2009

1873 – Savernake Cottage Hospital, Marlborough, Wiltshire

Architect: George Gilbert Scott

08 March 2010

1875 – Abbey Cloth Mills, Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire

Architect: Richard Gane This imposing structure was built in 1875 as a cloth mill; a defiant gesture in the face of the industry’s steep decline. The mill closed in 1902. It served as...

04 January 2011

1876 – St. Aldhelm’s Church, Bishopstrowe, Wiltshire

Architect: W. Scott Champion Described as “about to be Restored” in the The Building News, November 3rd 1876.

24 June 2009

1878 – Holy Cross Church, Seend, Wiltshire

Architect: Arthur T. Style Perspective view including ground plan published in The Building News, March 1st 1878.

24 June 2009

1878 – New Bank for Messrs. Pinckney Bros., Salisbury, Wiltshire

Architect: H. Hall Everett & Co. first opened a bank in Salisbury in 1811, situated in the Old Weavers’ Hall, Endless Street. After changes in ownership it became known as Pinckney Brothers in...

24 June 2009

1879 – Public Fountain, Chippenham, Wiltshire

Architect: W. Galsworthy Davie Illustration showing plans, sections & details and published in The Building News, January 10th 1879. “Th« design which we illustrate is by Mr. W. Galsworthy Davie, architect, and was...

Pages:123Next »