Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Vanished England

14 August 2012

1881 – Dock Masters Houses, Royal Albert Dock, London

Architect: Vigers & Wagstaffe “Our illustration, taken from the drawing in the last Royal Academy Exhibition, shows the houses now being completed for the London and St. Katherine Dock Company, near the entrance...

28 August 2009

1881 – New Stables, Brick St, Park Lane, Mayfair, London

Architect: James Brooks “Our illustration represents a group of stable buildings about to be erected in Brick-street, Park-lane, for the Marquis, under the direction of Mr. James Brooks, and is taken from a...

21 July 2009

1881 – Tavern & Hotel, Royal Albert Dock, London

Architect: Vigers & Wagstaffe “This building is now in course of erection at the Galleons Station of the new Royal Albert Dock, opposite Woolwich. The materials used for facing are red brick with...

01 January 2014

1881 – Yattendon Court, Newbury, Berkshire

Architect: Alfred Waterhouse “We give this week illustrations of a house, at present in course of construction by Mr. A. Waterhouse, A.R.A., for his own residence. It is situated at Yattendon, a small...

16 February 2012

1882 – Holy Trinity Church, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire

Architect: John Oldrid Scott In 1878 it was decided to enlarge the chancel and add a vestry to an existing church on this sute, but before the work commenced a fire damaged the...

14 October 2012

1884 – Tavern, Royal Albert Dock, London

Architect: Vigers & Wagstaffe Perspective view, ground plan & first floor plan published in The Building News, August 1st.1884.

05 April 2011

1887 – The Bridge Lodge, Nether Court, Hendon, London

Architect: Percy G. Stone Published in The Building News, November 11th 1887. The 15-bedroom Nether Court house of 1883, also by Stone (visible in the background of illustration), was accessed by a long...

03 July 2012

1888 – No.45 Cannon Street, London

Architect: Delissa Joseph Demolished.

11 March 2013

1893 – “Woodcroft”, Leek, Staffordshire

Architect: W. Sugden & Son Designed for for H.Davenport esq., with perspective view published in The Building News, May 5th 1893. “The existing part of the house having no features of interest externally...