Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Vanished England

07 July 2013

1920 – Gresham House, Old Broad St., London

Architect: W.T. Hanman Demolished when the area was cleared to make way for the NatWest Tower now Tower 42. Published in The Building News, August 6 1920: “The illustration shows the Broad Street...

30 April 2013

1920 – London County Westminster & Parr’s Bank, Brondesbury, London

Architect: E. Guy Dawber From The Building News, August 6 1920: “The drawing reproduced to-day is at the Royal Academy Exhibition, The building is being erected, The facades are in brick with Portland...

31 May 2013

1920 – Magnet House, Kingsway, London

Architect: R. Frank Atkinson Constructed for the General Electric Co., and extended over the years. Sold in later 1950s and demolished shortly after. Replaced by a building, also called Magnet House, by Richard...

25 July 2012

1920 – Warehouse-Keeper’s Offices, Royal Albert Docks, London

Architect: Sir Thomas Edwin Cooper Published in The Building News, July 30 1920: “The accommodation furnished by this range of buildings includes the officials and staff of the warehouse-keeper’s de- partment and its...

19 June 2013

1922 – Old Lloyd’s Building, Leadenhall St., London

Architect: Sir Edwin Cooper The first Lloyd’s building (at 12 Leadenhall Street in the City of London) had been built on this site in 1928. bY 1978, Lloyd’s had outgrown their accommodation, and...