Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of West Midlands

21 March 2013

1861 – St. George’s School, Newcastle-under-lyme, Staffordshire

Architect: James Trubshaw From The Building News: “THIS school, of which we give an illustration, was recently erected to meet the urgent educational wants of an outlying populous locality in one of the...

16 October 2009

1862 – Birmingham Exchange Buildings

Architect: Edward Holmes From The Building News, August 22, 1862: The Assembly Room is 70 ft. by 40 ft. and 28 ft. high, and is situate on the first floor over the Exchange...

24 March 2013

1862 – Ettington Park, Warwickshire

Architect: John Prichard Belonging to the Shirley family for hundreds of years, in 1858, Evelyn Philip Shirley, “finding the property in much need of repair”, decided to carry out a major rebuilding programme....

16 October 2009

1862 – Schools, West Bromwich, Warwickshire

Architect: Green & DeVille From The Building News, June 6, 1862: Our principal illustration this week represents some projected Church schools at West Bromwich. Messrs. Green and De Ville. of 36 Ormond Street,...

20 May 2013

1862 – Woodcote, Leek Wootton, Warwickshire

Architect: John Gibson The new house of 1862 was built in practically the same position as the old with stables, farm buildings and a kitchen garden in much the same place. The gardens...

06 September 2012

1866 – New Infirmary, Hartshill, Stoke-Upon-Trent, Staffordshire

Architect: Nichols & Lynam Now part of the University Hospital of North Staffordshire, the Royal Infirmary at Hartshill was one of the earliest hospitals to be built on the pavilion system favoured by...

09 May 2013

1869 – Harrington House, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire

Architect: Edward Welby Pugin Commissioned by a Major Seel, it cost him £27,000, an enormous sum in those days. Through lack of funds he was unable to complete the furnishings, and never lived...

09 March 2010

1869 – Wedgewood Memorial Institute, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire

Architect: Robert Edgar From The Architect and Contract Reporter, April 17 1869: This building is announced to be opened on tho _’ Ui inst. by the Earl de Grey and Ripon. the Lord...

02 July 2012

1870 – St. Peters Church, Hampton Lucy, Warwickshire

Architects: Thomas Rickman, Gilbert Scott, T. Willement Altar Window designed by T. Willement and published in The Building News, July 8th 1870. St. Peters Church is one of the earliest and best examples...