Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of West Midlands

23 June 2009

1878 – Church of S.S. Peter & Paul, Upton-on-Severn, Worcestershire

Architect: Arthur W. Blomfield Perspective view published in The Building News, November 29th 1878. “This church is being built to meet the increasing requirements of the place — the old church, erected about...

24 June 2009

1878 – Great Alne Hall, Warwickshire

Architect: G.H. Hunt In 1878 Great Alne Hall was built, the presumption being that it took the place of an original manor house. The hall was later replaced by a smaller house in...

20 July 2009

1878 – Haseley Manor, Warwickshire

Architect: William Young Perspective including ground plan published in The Building News, July 16th 1875. The present building, a fine example of grand Victorian craftsmanship, dates from 1878 when Alfred Hewlett, a Lancashire...

27 June 2009

1878 – Hereford Cathedral, Herefordshire

Architect: George Gilbert Scott

23 June 2009

1878 – New House at Worcester, Worcestershire

Architect: Aston Webb

02 July 2012

1879 – All Saints Church, Steelhouse Lane, Wolverhampton

Architect: T.T. Smith & G.F. Roper Illustration published in The Building News, April 14th 1876. The church was designed by London architects T. Taylor Smith & G. F. Roper in 1876, in the...

02 July 2012

1879 – Coopers & Co., Coleshill Street, Birmingham

Architect: F. &. A. Wheeldon New premises for Messrs. Cooper & Co. including ground plans published in The Building News, May 2nd 1879. “The above premises were designed for Messrs. Cooper and Co....

13 October 2009

1879 – Dairy Cottage, Highfield, Shrewsbury, Shropshire

Architect: Treasure & Son Perspective including ground & Chamber Plans as published in The Building News, Febraury 7th 1879. “This dairy cottage is now being built for Thomas Middleton Howells, Esq., from the...

26 June 2009

1879 – Handsworth Public Buildings, Staffordshire

Architect: Alexander & Henman Perspective including vignette of interior & ground plan published in The Building News, April 18th 1879.