Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of West Midlands

23 June 2009

1879 – St. Helens Church, Worcester, Worcestershire

Architect: Aston Webb Perspective Views (before & after restoration) including ground plan. Published in The Building News, August 1st 1879. “An interesting church, from the fact of its being the Mother Church of...

20 May 2013

1879 – St. Marks Church, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire

Architect: George Gilbert Scott (Jnr) St. Marks Church completed in 1879 with later additions and alterations including C20 buildings to north. Erected in memory of Dame Francis Wheeler, endowed by her brothers Charles...

24 June 2009

1879 – Wesleyan Theological Institution, Birmingham, Warwickshire

Architect: Ball & Goddard Designed by Messrs Ball & Goddard of Birmingham the college was opened in 1881 and is now a Grade II listed building forming part of the University of Central...

24 June 2009

1879 – Wesleyan Theological Institution, Handsworth College, Birmingham, Warwickshire

Architect: C.O. Ellison Second Premiated Design. Front , Rear Elevations & Ground Plan with alternative design for primary facade. Published in The Building News, July 18th 1879. “We illustrate this week the second...

27 September 2009

1880 – Cemetery Lodge & Lych Gate, Sutton Coldfield, Warwickshire

Architect: T.W. Cutler “The Cemetery Lodge and Lych-gate, given in this number of our journal, is built upon the Sutton Coldfield Burial-ground, with red brick facings, timber framing filled in with plaster, and...

01 September 2009

1880 – Church of St. George, Glascote, Tamworth, Staffordshire

Architect: Basil Champneys Perspective View including ground plan as published in The Building News, June 18 1880.

31 August 2009

1880 – Church of St. Mary, Ludlow, Shropshire

Architect: James Brooks “This church had fallen into such a state of decay — the walls being more than a foot out of the perpendicular, and in many places fractured from foundations to...

14 September 2010

1880 – Jevons & Mellor, Corporation Street, Birmingham

Architect: Kirk & Sons Perspective view of Jevons and Mellor’s new premises on Corporation Street as published in The Building News, July 2nd 1880.

01 September 2009

1881 – Cloverley Hall, Calverhall, Shropshire

Architect: W. Eden Nesfield The main house was demolished in 1927, leaving the service wing and ancillary buildings. Originally built between 1864 and 1870 by architect William Eden Nesfield for Liverpool banker John...