Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of West Midlands

24 August 2009

1881 – Hereford County College, Herefordshire

Architect: Fred. R Kempson “The Hereford County College has been built within half a mile of the city by a company of which the Dean of Hereford is the chairman, the object being...

29 August 2009

1881 – New Chapel, Shrewsbury School, Shropshire

Architect: Arthur W. Blomfield Perspective View including plans published in The Building News, July 29 1881. “The grammar-school at Shrewsbury will shortly be removed from its present quarters to a new bite on...

13 September 2009

1881 – Polesworth Vicarage, Warwickshire

Architect: John Douglas “Adjoining the parish-church of Polesworth there were, until recently, a group of buildings, a portion of which had been used for religious purposes, the old pitt being in use a«...

25 October 2009

1881 – Rowden Abbey, Herefordshire

Architect: John Douglas “This new house, of which wo give two views, with ground-plan, is built on the hill- side, a short distance above the site of the abbey from which it takes...

05 November 2009

1881 – St. Chad’s Church, Hopwas, Staffordshire

Architect: John Douglas “The above church, which has been built mainly by the exertions of the Vicar of Tamworth, the Rev. W. MacGregor, is situated on a beautifully wooded and elevated site just...

26 August 2009

1881 – St. Michael’s Church, Coventry, Warwickshire

Architect: John Oldrid Scott

11 January 2010

1882 – Church of the Redeemer, Edgbaston, Birmingham, Warwickshire

Architect: James Cubitt The Church of The Redeemer was a Baptist church, built on land on the corner of Wyndham Road donated by local benefactor William Middleton. It was designed by James Cubitt...

16 February 2012

1882 – Holy Trinity Church, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire

Architect: John Oldrid Scott In 1878 it was decided to enlarge the chancel and add a vestry to an existing church on this sute, but before the work commenced a fire damaged the...

15 June 2010

1882 – Ladywood Branch Dispensary, Birmingham

Architect: Payne & Talbot Accepted & rejected front elevations including plans as published in The Building News, October 6th 1882. The rejected design was by Ralph Heaton.