Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Staffordshire

05 November 2009

1881 – St. Chad’s Church, Hopwas, Staffordshire

Architect: John Douglas “The above church, which has been built mainly by the exertions of the Vicar of Tamworth, the Rev. W. MacGregor, is situated on a beautifully wooded and elevated site just...

16 February 2012

1882 – Holy Trinity Church, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire

Architect: John Oldrid Scott In 1878 it was decided to enlarge the chancel and add a vestry to an existing church on this sute, but before the work commenced a fire damaged the...

03 December 2010

1883 – Art Gallery, Wolverhampton, Staffordshire

Architect: James Brooks Elevation, section, plans & perspective sketch published in The Building News, November 2nd 1883. Never constructed.

30 November 2009

1884 – Institute Buildings, West Bromwich, Staffordshire

Architect: Wood & Kendrick Perpective including plan published in The Building News, August 1st 1884.

01 March 2013

1884 – St. Michael’s Church, Coppenhall, Staffordshire

Architect: James Brooks Dates from 1883–86 when the chancel was built to a design by James Brooks. The nave was added to a design by J. Brooks, Son and Adkins in 1907–10. The...

02 November 2009

1884 – Town Hall, Tunstall, Staffordshire

Architect: A.R. Wood The original town hall was demolished in 1892, with the replacement town hall being designed by A. R. Wood. It has a Renaissance-style facade of nine bays. The first floor,...

26 January 2012

1885 – Arcade Buildings, Walsall, Staffordshire

Architect: F.E.F. Bailey Perspective including ground plan was published in The Building News, May 22nd 1885.

10 August 2009

1885 – Library, Assembly Rooms & Public Baths, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire

Architect: William Sugden & Sons

26 June 2009

1885 – St. Marys Church, Compton Leek, Staffordshire

Architect: Albert Vicars Illustrations showing exterior including ground plans and the interior toward altar published in The Building News, October 16th 1885.