Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Warwickshire

24 June 2009

1860 – Temperance Hall, Temple Street, Birmingham, Warwickshire

Architect: Yeoville Thomason

24 June 2009

1860 – Walton Hall, Warwickshire

Architect: Sir George Gilbert Scott

24 March 2013

1861 – St. Cuthbert’s, Albrighton, Warwickshire

Architect: J.R. Veall From The Building News, May 24, 1861: “This building, the residence of Frederick Walton, Esq., of the Old Hall Works, Wolverhampton, has been lately completed at Albrighton, a village on...

16 October 2009

1862 – Birmingham Exchange Buildings

Architect: Edward Holmes From The Building News, August 22, 1862: The Assembly Room is 70 ft. by 40 ft. and 28 ft. high, and is situate on the first floor over the Exchange...

24 March 2013

1862 – Ettington Park, Warwickshire

Architect: John Prichard Belonging to the Shirley family for hundreds of years, in 1858, Evelyn Philip Shirley, “finding the property in much need of repair”, decided to carry out a major rebuilding programme....

16 October 2009

1862 – Schools, West Bromwich, Warwickshire

Architect: Green & DeVille From The Building News, June 6, 1862: Our principal illustration this week represents some projected Church schools at West Bromwich. Messrs. Green and De Ville. of 36 Ormond Street,...

20 May 2013

1862 – Woodcote, Leek Wootton, Warwickshire

Architect: John Gibson The new house of 1862 was built in practically the same position as the old with stables, farm buildings and a kitchen garden in much the same place. The gardens...

09 May 2013

1869 – Harrington House, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire

Architect: Edward Welby Pugin Commissioned by a Major Seel, it cost him £27,000, an enormous sum in those days. Through lack of funds he was unable to complete the furnishings, and never lived...

02 July 2012

1870 – St. Peters Church, Hampton Lucy, Warwickshire

Architects: Thomas Rickman, Gilbert Scott, T. Willement Altar Window designed by T. Willement and published in The Building News, July 8th 1870. St. Peters Church is one of the earliest and best examples...