Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Bavaria

19 January 2010

1806 – St Elisabeth Kirche, Nuremberg, Bavaria

A small classical church with large drum and dome, formerly the private chapel of the Teutonic Order Hospice. The building may have been better looking if the drum had been centrally sited. Sited...

13 January 2010

1832 – Hohenschwangau, Bavaria

Architects: Domenico Quaglio, George Friedrich Ziebland, Joseph Daniel Ohlmüller A fortified castle stood on this site from the middle ages but was destroyed during the Tyrolean War. In 1832, the heir to the...

18 April 2013

1845 – Rathaus, Fürth, Bavaria

Architect: Georg Friedrich Christian Bürklein & Eduard Bürklein Constructed inin 1840-50 by Georg Friedrich Christian Bürklein with the help of Eduard Bürklein, both students of Friedrich von Gärtner. The 55metre Italianate tower is...

04 January 2014

1875 – Kaufhaus Schneider, Maximiliansplatz, Munich, Germany

Design for a department store in Munich. Destroyed.

13 January 2010

1886 – Schloss Neuschwanstein, Bavaria

Architect: Christian Jank Never completed after the mysterious death of its instigator, the eccentric Bavarian King Ludwig II in 1886, Schloss Neuschwanstein is one of the most recognisable castles in the world. Set...

23 April 2010

1888 – Deuscher Kaiser Hotel, Nuremberg

Architect: Konradin Walter The hotel was built in 1888/89 by Konradin Walter, Professor of Architecture, with the collaboration of Peter Behrens, a master builder. The hotel is a leading example of the so-called...

01 May 2013

1890 – Railway Station, Zirndorf, Bavaria

Built in 1890, the year that the line from Fürth was completed. Architect unknown.

19 January 2010

1900 – Hauptbahnhof, Nuremberg, Bavaria

Architect: Karl Zenger Germany’s first railway line ran between Nuremberg and neighbouring Fuerth. Today Nuremberg is an important station servicing local routes and high speed ICE routes. Externally, the station is a five...

13 January 2010

1906 – Kornhaus, Kempten, Bavaria

Architect: Ambros Madlene The brewery to the rear was built after the Thirty Years War. The current building was developed 1906 by the architect Ambros Madlener.