Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Vanished Ireland

04 March 2012

1702 – The Exchange, Limerick

Architect: The Limerick City Exchange was built in 1673, close to St. Mary’s Cathedral to house the city’s covered market and council chamber. In 1702 the Exchange was demolished and replaced by a...

19 March 2012

1703 – Gola House, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Unusual house, similar to another in the county at Anketell. An unpopular family, the owners of Gola had been planted by King William in the 1660s. During the troubles of 1922, the...

30 March 2011

1703 – Santry Court, Santry, Co. Dublin

Architect: Santry Court – was am early 18th century mansion of red brick with stone facings, built in 1703 by the 3rd Lord Barry of Santry. It was of two storeys over a...

06 January 2012

1707 – Custom House, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Burgh The previous Custom House by Thomas Burgh and built in 1707 was sited up river at Essex Quay and was judged as structurally unsound just seventy years later. The site...

26 April 2010

1707 – St. Nicholas Within, Nicholas St., Dublin

The original church was built in the 11th century by Bishop Donat and was dedicated to St. Nicholas of Myra, the patron saint of sailors. It received its name during the early 14th...

24 February 2012

1710 – Merchants Exchange, Cork

Architect: Twiss Jones Built between 1705 and 1710, for the conduct of business between Cork’s merchant classes, and replaced an earlier building at the junction of Castle Street & South Main Street. At...

24 April 2013

1711 – Molyneux House, Peter St., Dublin

Constructed by Sir Thomas Molyneaux as his Dublin residence, and a stylistic departure from the gabled Dutch Billies that had defined the city to date. From 1815, onwards, served as an asylum for...

07 January 2014

1713 – Gowran Castle, Co. Kilkenny

The original Gowran Castle was built in the late 14th century by the Earls of Ormonde. Badly damaged in the Cromwellian wars and was all but a ruin when Charles Agar acquired a...

09 April 2013

1714 – Corkagh House, Clondalkin, Co. Dublin

Corkagh House originally started as a small farmhouse built circa 1650 which was later extended between 1702 and 1714 when a large wing of eight bays and a parapeted roof was constructed. This...