Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Dublin City

24 April 2013

1711 – Molyneux House, Peter St., Dublin

Constructed by Sir Thomas Molyneaux as his Dublin residence, and a stylistic departure from the gabled Dutch Billies that had defined the city to date. From 1815, onwards, served as an asylum for...

07 April 2010

1714 – St George’s Church Tower, Hill Street, Dublin

All that remains of St George’s Church, built in 1714, demolished in 1894.

17 July 2010

1714 – St. Luke’s Church, The Coombe, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Burgh In 1708, an act of parliament was passed which divided the parish of St. Nicholas Without and giving part of it the denomination of St. Luke’s. A Glebe House was...

19 February 2010

1714 – Treasury Building, Dublin Castle

The lower yard of Dublin Castle is built on a steep incline leading up to the upper yard. This posed problems for building so that the Chapel Royal to the south has a...

17 February 2010

1715 – Mansion House, Dawson Street, Dublin

It was here that Joshua Dawson built the mansion, which was purchased in 1715 by the Corporation for £3,500 as a residence for the Lord Mayor and which, has been subsequently extended to...

02 February 2010

1717 – Dr Steeven’s Hospital, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Burgh Now the headquarters of the Eastern Health Board, Dr Steeven’s Hospital was built to cater for the poor and destitute, and was founded in 1717 with a bequest from Dr...

09 June 2010

1719 – St. Werburgh’s Church, Werburgh Street, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Burgh, William Welland, St Werburgh’s is named after Werburgh, Abbess of Ely who died around 700 AD. The body of the church is by Thomas Burgh although it is believed that...

23 June 2010

1720 – Henrietta Street, Dublin

Henrietta Street dates from the 1720s and was laid out by Luke Gardiner as his first venture. Gardiner, more than any other individual was responsible for turning Dublin into an elegant Georgian city....

23 June 2010

1720 – No.9 Henrietta Street, Dublin

Architect: Edward Lovett Pearce The interior of No 9 Henrietta Street has an excellent staircase and hall and can be seen through the courtesy of the Sisters of Charity in the afternoons from...