Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Dun Laoghaire Rathdown

27 January 2010

1858 – Glandore, Mounttown, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Deane & Woodward Built for the de Vesci family, the house is designed around the contrasting main facades – the complex entrance front, with its prominent chimney and entrance porch, contrasts with...

28 January 2010

1859 – Coastguard Station, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: James H. Owen – Board of Public Works Like others built along the Irish coastline, this coastguard station features a lookout tower and residential units for crews and their families. Here, the...

27 January 2010

1860 – St. John the Evangelist, Mounttown, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Joseph Welland Designed as a Church of Ireland, and originally opened for public worship on 23 May 1860; consecrated 16 June 1864, it is now used by a conservative Catholic group who...

27 January 2010

1861 – RNLI Boathouse, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Fine stone boathouse and slipway built for the launch of the lifeboat in times past. Due to size, the current lifeboat is now permanently moored in the harbour, so this little structure is...

27 January 2010

1862 – Presbyterian Church, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Andrew Heiton The third church designed by Scottish architect Andrew Heiton in a French Gothic in Dublin. The other two are Findlater’s Church on Parnell Square, and Christ Church Presbyterian in Rathgar....

03 May 2013

1863 – Church of Ireland, Rathmichael, Co. Dublin

Architect: Deane & Woodward Designed in 1860 but not constructed until 1861-62, after the death of Benjamin Woodward in 1861, so possibly mostly the work of Thomas Newenham Deane. Later extended by Welland...

27 January 2010

1865 – Mariners Church, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Joseph Welland / Raffles Brown Originally the principal Church of Ireland in the town, the Mariners Church, now the Maritime Museum, was built in two stages – 1837 and 1865. The original...

28 January 2010

1865 – Presbyterian Manse, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan Fine Victorian manse by Charles Geoghegan in the grounds of Andrew Heiton’s French gothic church on York Road.

27 October 2011

1866 – St. Patrick’s Church, Monkstown, Co. Dublin

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin From the Dublin-based magazine the “Dublin Builder” of 1st September 1865, “This church, which is at present in course of erection is in the French Pointed style. Exclusive of...