Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Dun Laoghaire Rathdown

02 February 2010

1879 – Church of the Holy Cross, Dundrum, Co. Dublin

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Described in a contemporary account as ‘built as far as practicable on the lines of the old chapel only much larger and with [a?] wider transept’. Completed and ready for...

17 September 2009

1879 – Dun Laoghaire Town Hall, Co. Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson Now part of the larger DĂșn Laoghaire-Rathdown County Offices, the former Town Hall and Market House was a multipurpose building containing a Courthouse, trade and administration facilities for the...

14 April 2014

1880 – Boland’s Bakery, 14 Cumberland St., Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Boland’s Bakey at one time had a network or shops as well as bakeries around Dublin. There was two outlets in Dun Laoghaire, then Kingstown, and what was described as a “model bakery”....

14 April 2014

1880s – Boland’s Bakery, 9 Georges St., Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

One of the Boland’s retail shops around Dublin, this shop on George’s Street was a fine Victorian building, with ornate stucco and shopfront. Boland’s had several bakeries in the city as well as...

18 March 2014

1881 – Gate Lodge, Dalguise, Monkstown, Co. Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell Design exhibited at the RHA Exhibition of 1881 and published in The Irish Builder, November 1 1881.

09 December 2009

1886 – Rockford, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: T.N. Deane & Son Built as a private residence for W.R. Bruce esq, then later in use as a convent, and now subdivided into private apartments. Perspective view including ground floor plans...

03 May 2010

1887 – The Paddocks, Leopardstown Park, Co. Dublin

Architect: W.D. Caroe Published in The Building News, September 30th 1887. Built at Leopardstown Racecource and later demolished.

17 September 2009

1888 – Floating Swimming Baths, Kingstown, Dublin

Architect: William Kaye-Parry Proposal for a floating swimming baths for Dun Laoghaire harbour.

27 January 2010

1890 – Bank of Ireland, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Imposing 19th century bank built in red sandstone, brick and terracotta mouldings. The ground floor with its large round-headed windows and doorways gives the impression of a recessed arcade due to the deep-set...