Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Dun Laoghaire Rathdown

03 May 2010

1887 – The Paddocks, Leopardstown Park, Co. Dublin

Architect: W.D. Caroe Published in The Building News, September 30th 1887. Built at Leopardstown Racecource and later demolished.

17 September 2009

1888 – Floating Swimming Baths, Kingstown, Dublin

Architect: William Kaye-Parry Proposal for a floating swimming baths for Dun Laoghaire harbour.

27 January 2010

1890 – Bank of Ireland, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Imposing 19th century bank built in red sandstone, brick and terracotta mouldings. The ground floor with its large round-headed windows and doorways gives the impression of a recessed arcade due to the deep-set...

23 April 2013

1895 – Railway Station, Carlisle Pier, Dun Laoghaire

Recently demolished, this Victorian railwayshed lay largely hidden by a 1950s passenger terminal. Originally trains met the ferries coming in from the UK via a railway spur from the main line. When the...

27 January 2010

1899 – Former Fire Station, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Now in use as an enterprise centre, the former Fire Station of the Borough is less ornate than similar buildings being constructed in Dublin city centre at this time, notably those by C.J...

05 November 2012

1899 – St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: Murray & Forrester Presbyterian church designed by John Campbell Murray of Murray & Forrester, of London. The building is designed in an octagonal shape fronted by a large tower containing the main...

27 January 2010

1900 – Queen Victoria Fountain, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Erected in Dún Laoghaire in 1900 to commemorate the visit to Ireland of Queen Victoria, and seriously damaged in the 1980s, this fountain was recently restored. The fountain was one of a large...

23 October 2012

1903 – The Pavilion, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Kaye-Parry & Ross Pavilion and pleasure grounds incorporating concert hall, sun lounge, and tea rooms. Originally constructed in 1904, but rebuilt in 1916 after a fire the previous year. Later pulled down...

10 May 2013

1904 – Knox Memorial Hall, Monkstown, Co. Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes Erected by Mrs Alice Knox in memory of her husband, Capt. Edward Chaloner Knox, at a cost of nearly £4,000. Originally Mrs. Knox intended “to build a home for...