Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Dun Laoghaire Rathdown

15 August 2012

1909 – Former Post Office, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: J. Howard Pentland Former Post Office designed by J. Howard Pentland of the Board of Public Works. Now a coffee outlet. Like many of the post offices constructed at this time, it...

27 January 2010

1911 – Northumberland Hall, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater Built as a meeting hall, this is an attractive Arts & Crafts building. Now containing offices of an architects firm – Moloney O’Beirne Architects.

06 May 2013

1929 – Our Lady of the Wayside Church, Kilternan, Co. Dublin

Architect: Kaye-Parry, Ross & Hendy Designed by Arnold Francis Hendy of Kaye-Parry, Ross & Hendy and constructed in timber. A simple chapel, the interior has a curved vaulted ceiling with two rows of...

15 October 2013

1934 – 38 Greenfield Rd, Mount Merrion, Dublin

Architect: Rupert Jones Part of Mount Merrion Park development built for Mr & Mrs Vaughan Dempsey. Designed by Rupert Jones of Jones & Kelly. The estate at Mount Merrion started to be sold...

17 October 2013

1936 – Mount Merrion, Dublin

Architect: Jones & Kelly Original pages from Irish Homes brochure circa 1936 of house designs available to purchase in the Mount Merrion development.

27 January 2010

1937 – Geragh, Sandycove, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Michael Scott Designed by Michael Scott as a home for himself, he had bought the site by the martello tower at Sandycove some years before, and originally intended it as a site...

22 November 2011

1949 – Aspro Factory, Dublin

Architect: Alan Hope Drawing for design of staircase and entrance foyer. Winner of the RIAI Gold Medal for the period 1947-1950. Demolished.

27 January 2010

1953 – Passenger Terminal, Carlisle Pier, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Office of Public Works Recently demolished, this 1950s ferry terminal hid a Victorian railway station. The passenger terminal was designed as a temporary measure to be replaced at a later stage with...

11 August 2013

1966 – Stillorgan Shopping Centre, Stillorgan, Co. Dublin

Architect:John Costello & Associates Opened in 1966 as Ireland’s first shopping centre. Essentially an open air private streetscape with covered walkways, the complex is still quite as designed, with more recent shop facades...