Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Fingal

28 January 2010

1846 – Railway Station, Sutton, Co. Dublin

A small railway station on the branch line from the main Belfast-Dublin line to Howth. A very simple platform with a cantilevered canopy featuring decorative roundels with the intertwined initials of the Great...

26 February 2012

1847 – Church and Tower, Lusk, Co. Dublin

Architect: An historic site with various architectural layers from the early 9th century, incorporated into a 15th century tower, and a later church. The round tower stands 27m high with conical cap. The...

20 January 2014

1847 – Railway Station, Blanchardstown, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany Demolished railway station constructed for the Midland Great Western Railway Company. Similar in design to station at Lucan North. Closed in 1934 and the site cleared by the constructed...

28 January 2010

1850 – St Sylvester’s Church, Malahide, Co. Dublin

Architect: James Bolger An austere Gothic revival church with a fine spire and entrance doorway. The church spire was not added until 1901 by G.C. Ashlin and a poem called “The Church without...

28 January 2010

1851 – Station Master House, Malahide, Co. Dublin

Architect: George Papworth A fine little house sited beside the railway station and built for the Station Master. Similar to others built for the Great Northern Railway in other locations.

23 May 2012

1851 – Unbuilt Railway Station, Malahide, Co. Dublin

Architect: George Papworth Proposed design for a new Station Building for the Dublin and Drogheda Railway at Malahide in the early 1870s.

28 January 2010

1852 – Railway Station, Skerries, Co. Dublin

Railway stations on this line to Belfast (Dublin Connolly, Malahide, Drogheda, Dundalk) are of a high quality with good quality ironwork and brick buildings. Skerries is no different, although it has been much...

21 January 2010

1853 – Railway Station, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin

Architect: George Papworth A single-storey Italianate style railway station, built 1853, with three-bay central limestone entrance porch flanked by advanced pedimented single-bays. Not as large as others on this line, but the building...

28 January 2010

1855 – Railway Station, Howth, Co. Dublin

A fine little station built at the end of the branch line from Howth Junction on the main Dublin – Belfast route. The station is elevated above road level and accessed by a...