Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Dublin South

22 January 2010

1862 – Immaculate Conception Church, Clondalkin, Co. Dublin

Architect: William Caldbeck The site for the Church and adjoining Convent was donated by the Calbeck Family of Moyle Park, Clondalkin. The foundation stone was laid in 1857 and the completed Church was...

17 September 2009

1878 – Church of the Annunciation, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Designed in Early French Gothic style with the nave, aisles and chancel terminating in 3 semicircular apses.The foundation stone was laind on 29 March 1875, and the church dedicated 27...

22 January 2010

1879 – Alms Houses Terrace, Clondalkin, Co. Dublin

Fine terrace of stone cottages in the old centre of Clondalkin, opposite the round tower and alongside the Church of Ireland. Constructed in 1879 in memory of Reverend David John Reade and this...

26 January 2010

1886 – St. Mary’s Dominican Church & Convent, Tallaght, Co. Dublin

Architect: George C. Ashlin Detached gable-fronted Gothic Revival church, built 1886 – design published in 1883. The relationship to the priory to the north was not built as illustrated. It has a seven-bay...

23 April 2013

1891 – Spa Hotel, Lucan, Co. Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell Hotel constructed between 1890 and 1891 for the Lucan Hydropathic and Spa Hotel Co. Ltd. The spa associated with this hotel appears to have been discovered in 1758. The water...

22 January 2013

18th C. – Newlands House, Newlands Cross, Clondalkin, Co. Dublin

A large nine bay, two-storey over basement house with single-bay substantial pavilions to each end. The house and demense changed hands many times over the years. In 1776, the demesne was purchased by...

22 January 2010

1912 – Library, Clondalkin, Co. Dublin

Architect: T.J. Byrne Far and away the best building in the Clondalkin area, the library of 1912 is a delightful Arts and Crafts design. A mixture of stone, brickwork and render, the buildings...

26 January 2010

1913 – Former Courthouse, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Un-assuming little building built as the Court of Petty Sessions – public entrance at one end, and a room for the judge behind the bench.

15 March 2010

2005 – Ryan Institute, Citywest, Co. Dublin

Architect: de Blacam and Meagher Architects The Dr. Tony Ryan Academy of Entrepreneurship, was set up in conjunction with Dublin City University to train entrepreneurs in management skills and advancing business technologies. Based...

Pages:« Prev123