Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Louth

07 January 2010

1950s – Teelan’s Shop, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Fabulous shop exterior from the 1950s with intact lettering and wild octagonal windows. The interior is a similar time warp. Long may it survive.

07 January 2010

1951 – Post Office, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: Office of Public Works Designed by Seymour Rice and Ronald Tallon (later of Scott Tallon Walker) while staff of the Office of Public Works. The main public office has an airy bright...

06 January 2010

1969 – Former Carroll’s Factory, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: Scott Tallon Walker Now part of the Dundalk Institute of Technology’s campus, this was a ground breaking Irish factory design. Built by P.J. Carroll & Co. as a cigarette plant, the design...

06 January 2010

2004 – DKIT Faculty of Nursing, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: Scott Tallon Walker

07 January 2010

2006 – Boyne Bridge, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: Roughan O’Donovan Imposing structure over the Boyne on the Drogheda bypass, this cable-stayed bridge is a local landmark for its striking engineering.