Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Offaly

19 January 2010

1730 – Round House, High Street, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

This street has many houses with Georgian detailing, but this house stands out with its Gibbsian doorway projecting through a curved bay on the front of the house.

07 June 2013

1757 – Bridge, Shannonbridge, Co. Offaly

Shannonbridge gets its name from the bridge connecting County Offaly and County Roscommon. Rachra is generally considered the old name for Shannonbridge, but ‘Shannonbridge’ was adopted after the building of the bridge in...

19 January 2010

1760 – D.E. Williams House, Patrick Street, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: George Ross Built of coursed limestone and set back from the street, this house stands out from the predominantly rendered street elevations. Impressive in its distinctive mid eighteenth-century design, the house was...

19 January 2010

1786 – Tullamore Town Hall, Co. Offaly

Originally known as Acres Hall after the developer or building speculator Thomas Acres, this fine house is now home to Tullamore Urban Council. This is a beautifully proportioned house, well maintained.

19 January 2010

1789 – House, High Street, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Large high quality and high status house in rubble stone with cut stone dressings set back from streetline.

19 January 2010

1789 – Market House, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: John Pentland A fine stone building with a ground floor that was originally arcaded with a meeting room above. Unfortunately as in so many cases around the country, the ground level has...

19 January 2010

1798 – Charleville Forest, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Architect: Francis Johnston The Castle was designed in 1798 by one of Ireland’s leading architects of the day, Francis Johnston and not finally completed until 1812. This magnificent building was almost lost through...

19 January 2010

1800 – House, Cormac Street, Tullamore, Co. Offaly

Two impressive houses creating an imposing corner on the outskirts of Tullamore. Both have good quality doorcases and a fine staircase can be glimpsed in one through its windows. Originally built as one,...

09 December 2011

1803 – Birr Castle, Co. Offaly

Architect: Sir Laurence Parsons / John Johnston There has been a castle on the site since 1170, and from the 14th to the 17th century the O’Carroll family ruled from here over an...

Pages:123Next »