Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Wicklow

17 September 2009

1875 – Hume Mausoleum, Kiltegan, Co. Wicklow

Architect: James Brooks The Hume mausoleum is behind the Church of Ireland Church and is a massive structure of granite ashlar half sunk into the earth with the doorcase half below ground level.The...

17 September 2009

1878 – Dominican Convent, Wicklow, Co. Wicklow

Architect: William Hague

15 June 2010

1882 – Former Townhall, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Thomas Manly Deane Now a McDonalds outlet, the former Townhall was commissioned by the 11th Earl of Meath to look down the main street of Bray. Designed by Thomas Manly Deane and...

14 March 2013

1884 – St. Mary’s Church of Ireland, Baltinglass, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Richard O’Brien Smyth Selected after an architectural competition, and constructed between 1882-84. In plan, cruciform with a porch to the north-east and a tower to the south-west. Photograph courtesy, and copyright of...

26 March 2014

1886 – Parochial Hall, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Thomas Phillips Figgis Irish-born architect who was articles to Alfred G. Jones before moving to London, where he had a long career. His only recorded work in Ireland is this parochial hall...

15 June 2010

1898 – Church of the Holy Redeemer, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architects: Patrick Byrne, W.H. Byrne Originally designed by Patrick Byrne in 1852, the church was heavily remodeled in 1898 by W.H. Byrne. Since then a new fa├žade and tower have been added giving...

14 March 2013

1899 – St. Saviour’s Church, Arklow, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Sir Arthur W. Blomfield Designed by noted English church architect Sir Arthur W. Blomfield, the gift of 5th Earl of Carysfort William Prob, in memory of his parents, brothers & sisters. Blomfields’s...

15 June 2010

1900 – Esplanade Hotel, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: James J. Farrall Remodelled in 1900 ‘on modern lines as a station hotel’. Originally may have been designed by George Wilkinson. The building is constructed in red brick with the ground floor...

04 March 2013

1903 – St. Paul’s School, Herbert Rd., Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: J.F. Fuller School for the Church of Ireland, now demolished and a surface carpark.