Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Cork

23 March 2011

1820 – Castle Freke, Co. Cork

Architect: Richard Morrison Ruined for many years, currently undergoing reconstruction.

01 March 2011

2010 – Child and Psychiatric Unit, Cork

Architect: McCullough Mulvin Bessboro House and its demesne has been a therapeutic campus for many years under the auspices of the Sacred Heart Sisters, who still live in the 18th century house. A...

03 February 2011

2009 – Cork County Library

Architect: Shay Cleary Architects This library building is phase two of the Cork County Council Civic Campus. It is the headquarters for a twenty two branch county wide network of local libraries and...

03 February 2011

2007 – Cork City Council Civic Offices

Architects: ABK Architects The design for the new Civic Offices for Cork City is the product of a ‘Design and Build’ competition set by Cork City Council in Feb 2004. The project was...

03 February 2011

2007 – CIT Cork School of Music

Architect: Murray O’Laoire Architects photos yright: Located on the banks of the River Lee, theCIT Cork School of Music provides a bespoke academic facility in a unique city centre setting. The 12000sqm ‘state...

03 February 2011

2007 – CSPCA Animal Home & Boarding Kennels, Cork

Architects: Boyd Barrett Murphy O’Connor The C.S.P.C.A. Animal Home & Boarding Kennels building totaling 880m2 occupies a triangular site that remained after developing the adjacent retail complex and provides a facility for much...

03 February 2011

1595 – Market House, Kinsale, Co. Cork

The old market and court house is now Kinsales museum. With its distinctive dutch gables and slate hung facade, it is a striking design. It was here in 1915 that the inquest ito...

16 January 2011

1930 – Cork Gas Consumer Co., Patrick St., Cork

Architect: Chillingworth & Levie Remodelled in an art deco style in 1930 by Daniel A. Levie. Demolished.

15 January 2011

1867 – Theatre Royal, Cork

Architect: Sir John Benson The Theatre Royal was founded by the actor Spranger Barry and was opened in 1760. It was modelled on the Crow Street Theatre in Dublin where Barry had previously...