Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Cork

23 September 2009

1868 – Presbytery, Monkstown, Co. Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Designed by E.W. Pugin & G.C. Ashlin in 1868 while the church was under construction, the Presbytery shows much of Pugin’s hand than Ashlin’s. This is a fine Victorian...

23 September 2009

1869 – Ballyhooley Catholic Church, Mallow, Co. Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin “This church, of which we give an illustration, is to be erected on a suitable site near Mallow, Co. Cork, for the Rev. Mr. Burton. The architects have been...

23 September 2009

1869 – Park House, Co. Cork

Architect: Arthur & Henry H. Hill Extended and altered for Charles Talbot Ponsonby in 1867. “With this number we present our readers with a lithograph illustration of Park House, County Cork, the residence...

05 March 2013

1870 – St. Anne’s Hydro & Turkish Bath, Blarney, Co. Cork

Architect: Richard Barter Part of the earlier, sprawling Hydropathic centre started by Dr. Richard Barter, the large Turkish bath building can be seen in the foreground. The Hydropathic buildings are those further up...

06 November 2009

1871 – 72 South Mall, Cork

Architect: Richard Brash End-of-terrace three-bay four-storey Georgian house from around 1770; that was remodelled and refronted in an Italian-Romanesque style in the early 1870s, by Cork Gas Consumers. It retains a fine stairs...

23 September 2009

1871 – Church of the Immaculate Conception, Enniskeane, Co. Cork

Architect: Richard Evans After almost being bankrupted by the building of the Roman Catholic parish church of Crosshaven, designed by E.W. Pugin, Richard Evans, a builder, designed this church in Enniskeane. This is...

05 November 2009

1872 – Kilmaloda House, Timoleague, Co. Cork

Architect: W.H. Hill Kilmaloda House, near Timoleague, was originally the residence of Sampson Beamish and his descendants. After World War II the MacCarthy-Morrogh family occupied the house. “We illustrate with present issue a...

23 September 2009

1872 – Sacred Heart Church, Monkstown, Co. Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Designed by E.W. Pugin & G.C. Ashlin in 1866, opened in 1872, but the church was not finally completed until 1881 when the spire was finished. Built out of...

05 November 2009

1873 – Grand Hotel, Fermoy, Co. Cork

Architect: Richard Brash