Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Waterford

13 November 2009

1226 – Black Friars Abbey, Waterford

According to Lewis’s Topographical Dictionary “A monastery for Dominican or Black Friars, called also Friars Preachers, who were introduced into Ireland in 1226, was founded by the citizens, who for that purpose applied...

13 November 2009

1230c – Reginald’s Tower, Waterford

Reginald’s Tower is a circular tower, part of the town’s defences, built in the beginning of the 13th century, with a second phase in the 15th century. It was also used as a...

13 November 2009

1867 – Ferrybank Catholic Church, Co. Waterford

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin / Ashlin & Coleman Built in two phases, this church was started by Pugin & Ashlin in 1867. They added a tower and spire to the front of a...

13 November 2009

1862 – Catholic Church, Tramore, Co. Waterford

Architect: J.J. McCarthy Typical composition of the architect J.J. McCarthy with the offset tower. The church has none of the lightness of some of his other work – being quite foreboding and grim....