Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Armagh

28 September 2009

1815 – Market House, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: Thomas Duff On a steeply sloped site in Market Square, the former Market House featured an open arcade of arches at ground level (to the rear of the fa├žade above). Later the...

15 October 2014

1816 – St. Gobhann’s Church of Ireland, Seagoe, Co. Armagh

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew Largely constructed in 1816 near the site of former one, which had become too small. Described by Lewis as ‘a large handsome edifice in the early English style, with...

28 September 2009

1818 – Orange Hall, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Unusual Orange Hall that consiste of a later hall from 1950 built behind an older building of 1818 with twin pediments and coach arches.

14 October 2012

1820 – Tynan Abbey, Co. Armagh

Architect: John Nash Designed by John Nash who had a cluster of work in the area including Caledon House in Co. Tyrone, and some lodges at Castle Leslie in Co. Monaghan, both very...

28 September 2009

1820s – Granary, The Mall, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Good quality ashlar faced former Granary building now in use as community rooms for a local religious group.

28 September 2009

1827 – Beresford Row, The Mall, Armagh, Co. Armagh

A fine stone terrace overlooking the leafy Mall which was once the fashionable centre of Armagh. In the centre of a longer terrace, these two houses feature a novel approach to entry to...

28 September 2009

1827 – Charlemont Place, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: William Murray Alongside the Mall, where there are several fine terraces of house, Charlemont Place stands out. Set back from the streetline of the other houses, Charlemont Place is large terrace of...

28 September 2009

1827 – Shambles Market, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: Francis Johnston Market yards designed for the sale of hay, animals and other agricultural products, the clocktower and wall along the eastern side of the site was designed by Francis Johnston in...

14 October 2012

1829 – Drumbanagher House, Poyntzpass, Co. Armagh

Architect: William Playfair Drumbanagher House was a very large, Italianate mansion by William Playfair built for Lieutenant-Colonel Maxwell Close, who was the brother-in-law of 1st Lord Lurgan. Described as being “one of his...