Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Cavan

28 September 2009

1904 – Post Office, Belturbet, Co. Cavan

Architect: Robert Cochrane An attractive and eclective small post office building from the early twenthieth century when many similar buildings were built across the country. This particular one has a most impressive doorway.

28 September 2009

1910 – Townhall, Cavan, Co. Cavan

Architect: William Scott Later head of architecture at University College Dublin, W.A. Scott was responsible for some of the more innovative buildings in Ireland during the early part of the twentieth century. His...

28 September 2009

1928 – Belturbet Town Hall, Co. Cavan

Architect: Patrick J. Brady Public building with few architectural pretensions other than the round-headed windows at ground level and the small, awkwardly proportioned pediment. Brady was an architect and civil engineer, of Ballyhaise,...

06 June 2014

1929 – Sacred Heart Church, Arvagh, Co. Cavan

Architect: Ralph H. Byrne The foundation stone was laid on 2nd October 1927, and the official opening took place on 8th September 1929. The architect was Ralph H. Byrne, of W.H. Byrne &...

28 September 2009

1930 – St. Michael’s Church, Cootehill, Co. Cavan

Architect: William H. Byrne & Son St. Michael’s church was built in 1930, and was designed by Dublin architect, Ralph Henry Byrne, son of William H. Byrne. It was richly decorated with Italian...

28 September 2009

1942 – Cathedral of Saints Patrick and Felim, Cavan, Co. Cavan

Architect: William H. Byrne & Son The original Cathedral of the diocese of Kilmore was situated about four miles south of Cavan town in the present parish of Kilmore. Some time in the...

28 September 2009

1956 – Church of the Immaculate Conception, Belturbet, Co. Cavan

Architect: William H. Byrne & Son Unattractive church from the 1950s, designed by Simon Leonard of William H. Byrne & Son, Dublin. The building is described by the diocese as Hiberno-Romanesque but somehow...

21 March 2014

1966 – St. Joseph’s Church, Ballyjamesduff, Co. Cavan

Architect: Philip Cullivan Built to replace an older church erected in 1834. A central part of the design was to allow natural light throughout the church. Four sources of light are arranged, one...

28 September 2009

2005 – Library & Heritage Centre, Cavan, Co. Cavan

Architect: Shaffrey Architects The overall aim of this project wass to create a Great Public Space for the people of Cavan. This building, completed in late 2005 replaced an outdated and inadequate Central...

Pages:« Prev123