Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Monaghan

30 September 2009

1900 – First Presbyterian Church, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Roome & Boag Incomplete, this church in Old Cross Square was intended to have a tall slender spire. It is a pity that this never occurred as it would have improved the...

30 September 2009

1900 – Former Provincial Bank, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: John Clarke Fine stone and brick Georgian house of around 1830 with later banking hall adjoining added around 1900. Now unused as a bank, the banking hall has a toplit central space...

01 October 2012

1900 – St. Joseph’s Church, Park St., Monaghan

Architect: William Hague Fine barn style gothic church by William Hague who finished the town’s cathedral after the death of the architect J.J. McCarthy. Construction begun in summer of 1891, with work completed...

16 August 2013

1905 – Houses, The Diamond, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William A. Scott Attractive terrace of three Arts & Crafts style houses, that replaced an earlier range of large thatched buildings.

30 September 2009

1907 – Post Office, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Robert Cochrane Twentieth century post office with attractively curved windows to the public office. Fairly standard brick with stone trimmings treatment commonly used on post office buildings of this period in Ireland.

29 September 2009

1911 – Church, Killeevan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William A. Scott Simple single cell church set on a hillside with a plain rendered finish, heavily remodelled in 1910-11 by William A. Scott. The concrete and bell tower of 1919 by...

29 September 2009

1911 – Cottages, Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan

Architect:George Kelly Fine row of cottages near the Church of Ireland. Some of the buildings have had their original paired windows at ground level replaced with ugly picture windows.

29 September 2009

1913 – Houses, Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Charles M. Tuite Fine stone house with decorative bargeboards and porches. Sadly missing their original window design.

30 September 2009

1917 – Former Bone Hospital, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Architect: John Harrison Wilson Tucked away in a corner of the St Davnet’s Hospital grounds is the former Bone Hospital. Built overlooking the town, the building features large canopied terraces for the patients...